Jump to content
Phoenix

Loki WoE Changes

Recommended Posts

As we all know Loki's WoE has been pretty stagnant and needs a sort of revamp to make it more lively and have more action.
Yes, we've thought long and hard about the pros and cons of these changes but we believe it will make the WoE be more fun guild vs guild fighting rather than a lot of just running around like headless chickens looking for another castle to break.
 

Proposed changes:

No alliances

Time Changes for the WoEs? Is the current times good?

    • WoE 1
        ♦ Castles reduced to 6 (1 per realm) 
CLICK HERE TO VOTE
    • WoE 2
       ♦ Castles reduced to 6. (1 per realm)  
CLICK HERE TO VOTE

Castle drops reworked so that items to make god items drop from all available castles.
   • Enhanced god items make an appearance.
        Enhanced Brynhild [0]
        Enhanced Aesprika [0]
        Enhanced Sleipnir [1]
        Enhanced Brisingamen
        Enhanced Megingard
        Enhanced Mjolnir [1]
        Hervor Altivir [1]

New God items make an appearance.
        Jormungand [2]: [effect redacted]
        Lower (needs a name) - [effect redacted]


Castle Wings:
    Effects given for the wings of each realm.


Non-donor WoE becomes a thing again.
       • Occurs on Sunday Server time. (Every 2nd Sunday til the rest of the month
       • Combines Non-donor and Baby WoE together.
               • Mats for Draupnir will start to drop here after 10 economy is gained.
               • Non-donor guild dungeon is linked to this castle type.
        
Guild Competition
        • Every 1st Sunday (Sigdrafa) [Once per month, Special Guild Dungeon specific to this castle]
               • Mats for Hervor will start to drop here after 10 economy is gained.

New God Item Materials will be needed for the Enhanced Versions (Will also require 1 Version of the original god item [old old versions(affects brynhild and aesprika only) will require a fee] any 'new' original god items will not require a fee)  :
      •  Freyja’s Tear
      • Valkyrie’s armor fragment
      • Ring of Pavvnir
      • Brynhild Fragment
      • Lost Spirit of a Hero

 

Rewards gained besides god item materials
      •  New type of cursed old chest that only gives cedi points 150-500pt (promotes cedi'ing as a guild)
      •  50-150 guild points in a box (non-tradeable) [Token reward]
      •  5 MCA
      •  100 speed potions
      •  10 old green boxes
      •  Poison Bottle Box [30 pieces in 1 box]


Castle Rewards get reworked.
    People in the guild that owns a castle can redeem once per day(account based+linked). Between 15~20 tokens per day will be random chance to gain the tokens.

        • Valkyrian Token
        • Britoniah Token
        • Luina Token
        • Greenwood Token
        • Valfreyja Token
        • Nidhoggur Token

These tokens can be used to buy:
        Boxed Costumes (Realm Specific Non-Tradeable)  [100 tokens]
            • Valkyrie Costume Box
            • Britoniah Costume Box
            • Luina Costume Box
            • Greenwood Costume Box
            • Valfreyja Costume Box
            • Nidhoggur Costume Box

Consumables
            • Speed Potion Box (10) [ID 13995]  [3 tokens]
            • Green Box [ID: 12187]  (1) [1 token]
            • Poison Bottle box (30) [ID 13973]  [4 tokens]
            • Big Defense box (10) [ID 13755] [10 tokens]
            • Big Magic Defense box (10) [ID 13749]  [10 tokens]
            • Cobweb box [30] [4 tokens]

            • Acid Bottles & Grenade Packages [200] [4 tokens]
            • [Need more ideas for this]

 

 

Suggestions to Alter Current WoE Proposal:

♦ WoE Castles Reduced to 1 per WoE. [2.0 Castles with multiple Entrances]

♦ Increase Emp Health by 10x (or more depends on testing)

♦ Participation Rewards instead of only rewards for the winning guild. (This would be tied to the Battle Reports)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that interest in baby woe should be checked first before opening it; even when baby woe first showed up it was barely populated, and that was when the server had far more players than it does now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 12:47 AM, Phoenix said:

Non-donor WoE becomes a thing again.
       • Occurs on Sunday Server time. (Every 2nd Sunday til the rest of the month
       • Combines Non-donor and Baby WoE together.
               • Mats for Draupnir will start to drop here after 10 economy is gained.
               • Non-donor guild dungeon is linked to this castle type.

Could it be either non-donor or baby?

 

The rest is all beautiful, I love it ❤️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Could it be either non-donor or baby?

 

The rest is all beautiful, I love it ❤️

If we change it to regular non-donor than the reward would not be draupnir..  So keep that in mind =]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is reducing people per guild feasible?

just disabling alliances wouldnt simply make competition alive again. they just wont have to attack each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WS Rendra said:

is reducing people per guild feasible?

just disabling alliances wouldnt simply make competition alive again. they just wont have to attack each other.

It was already reduced once. 36 is a good number, so no its not going to go lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 9:17 AM, Phoenix said:

These tokens can be used to buy:
        Boxed Costumes (Realm Specific Non-Tradeable)  [100 tokens]
            • Valkyrie Costume Box
            • Britoniah Costume Box
            • Luina Costume Box
            • Greenwood Costume Box
            • Valfreyja Costume Box
            • Nidhoggur Costume Box

Consumables
            • Speed Potion Box (10) [ID 13995]  [3 tokens]
            • Green Box [ID: 12187]  (1) [1 token]
            • Poison Bottle box (30) [ID 13973]  [4 tokens]
            • Big Defense box (10) [ID 13755] [10 tokens]
            • Big Magic Defense box (10) [ID 13749]  [10 tokens]
            • Cobweb box [30] [4 tokens]
            •  suggesstions :

1. Barricade repair kit
2. Stone repair kit, Woe teleport scrolls etc stuff thats in the woe supply lootbox really. IDK  if anyone buys that ever
3. Party Fly Wing thingy (for the luls)
4. Holy scrolls (plus stuff that drops from horus or whatever)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 11:47 AM, Phoenix said:

Consumables
            • Speed Potion Box (10) [ID 13995]  [3 tokens]
            • Green Box [ID: 12187]  (1) [1 token]
            • Poison Bottle box (30) [ID 13973]  [4 tokens]
            • Big Defense box (10) [ID 13755] [10 tokens]
            • Big Magic Defense box (10) [ID 13749]  [10 tokens]
            • Cobweb box [30] [4 tokens]
            • [Need more ideas for this]

Acid Bottle/Grenade Bottle box would be fair too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 9:39 PM, Phoenix said:

If we change it to regular non-donor than the reward would not be draupnir..  So keep that in mind =]

Make it donor baby then, althought I'm pretty sure non donor non baby would be more popular... you could always make a poll too lmao. But I don't think non donor baby will have many fans tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nondonor baby woe would literally wind up being 1 shot insanity. baby hp is already super low, but damage hasnt changed much. without the extra slots for resists you'll drop even faster.

So yea, I'd much rather see a donor baby woe

Edited by Jew (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a non-donor baby woe or novice woe or some sort of woe that has numerous specialties attached to it would be fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 2:07 AM, Jessie said:

a non-donor baby woe or novice woe or some sort of woe that has numerous specialties attached to it would be fun. 

What do you mean with novice woe? I hope it's not what I think it is......

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Proposed changes:

We have noticed with the new influx of Gears and Items Emperium has gotten to be a poring like entity in the castle. Emperium will finally be getting the buffs it has desperatly needed, a few ideas are below.

    ♦ Will be considered plant-type only taking 1 damage and disregards skills/magic of any sort, Autoattacks will only be the source of damage so everyone has a fair shot. 


    ♦ Grant the emperium 10x more HP to avoid going "rambo" and single handedly ruining the guild aspect which woe is meant to be and having more of a reaction time to deal with this.


No alliances

    • WoE 1
        ♦ Castles reduced to 1. (1 per woe)
    • WoE 2
       ♦ Castles reduced to 1. (1 per woe)

       ♦ Each Woe will have 1 designated 2.0 castle to participate in during the 2 hours with 3 entrances to avoid camping. We havnt decided which castle it will be, it will be between Yuno/Rachel and we will leave it up to you guys to whatever you feel is right.


Castle Number    Name          Entrance
Nidhoggur 1    Himinn           (293, 90)
Nidhoggur 2    Andlang         (288, 258)
Nidhoggur 3    Vidblainn        (97, 183)
Nidhoggur 4    Hljod               (137, 98)
Nidhoggur 5    Skidbladnir     (65, 315)
Valfreyja 1      Mardol              (155, 274)
Valfreyja 2      Cyr                     (78, 47)
Valfreyja 3      Horn                  (68, 150)
Valfreyja 4      Gefn                  (289, 347)
Valfreyja 5     Badanis             (287, 107)


    ♦ From this list we will vote on 1 castle for each day and timezone to put into Woe1/2 on Saturday and Wednesdays.
    

 

Please leave your comments and suggestions below and be aware any bullshit will be ignored.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given how these last 2 woes went, since we fought for the entire duration of woe in the same castle (Andla in woe1, Mardol in woe2) I don't see why couldn't 1 castle woes be considered. Only woe2.0 ones tho in order to avoid spawn camping, with 3 entrances (the actual entrance and the flag2 spots, those can be added with npcs outside the castle).

As an incentive for those who know they can fight but not good enough to keep the castle, the rewards should be reworked into, not only victory rewards which could be the ones mentioned in the main post, but also participation ones, account bound (to avoid exploits) and that require certain amount of time inside the castle in order to be claimed (helps avoiding people who'd log in just to get rewards).

Another issue is the 1-man guilds that keep breaking the castle with action just to troll, the emperium should be either reworked into having at least 10x the amount of hp, to avoid 1second breaks, and some sort of heal overtime, or make it plant type with skill immunity and a considerable amount of hp compared to stones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Czar said:


 

Proposed changes:

We have noticed with the new influx of Gears and Items Emperium has gotten to be a poring like entity in the castle. Emperium will finally be getting the buffs it has desperatly needed, a few ideas are below.

    ♦ Will be considered plant-type only taking 1 damage and disregards skills/magic of any sort, Autoattacks will only be the source of damage so everyone has a fair shot. 


    ♦ Grant the emperium 10x more HP to avoid going "rambo" and single handedly ruining the guild aspect which woe is meant to be and having more of a reaction time to deal with this.


No alliances

    • WoE 1
        ♦ Castles reduced to 1. (1 per woe)
    • WoE 2
       ♦ Castles reduced to 1. (1 per woe)

       ♦ Each Woe will have 1 designated 2.0 castle to participate in during the 2 hours with 3 entrances to avoid camping. We havnt decided which castle it will be, it will be between Yuno/Rachel and we will leave it up to you guys to whatever you feel is right.


Castle Number    Name          Entrance
Nidhoggur 1    Himinn           (293, 90)
Nidhoggur 2    Andlang         (288, 258)
Nidhoggur 3    Vidblainn        (97, 183)
Nidhoggur 4    Hljod               (137, 98)
Nidhoggur 5    Skidbladnir     (65, 315)
Valfreyja 1      Mardol              (155, 274)
Valfreyja 2      Cyr                     (78, 47)
Valfreyja 3      Horn                  (68, 150)
Valfreyja 4      Gefn                  (289, 347)
Valfreyja 5     Badanis             (287, 107)


    ♦ From this list we will vote on 1 castle for each day and timezone to put into Woe1/2 on Saturday and Wednesdays.
    

 

Please leave your comments and suggestions below and be aware any bullshit will be ignored.

1 castle per woe might chase off smaller guilds. What about 2 castles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We havnt seen a 36v36 woe in years, these small guilds should just give in and join the big ones. we all want huge numbers battling eachother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Another issue is the 1-man guilds that keep breaking the castle with action just to troll, the emperium should be either reworked into having at least 10x the amount of hp, to avoid 1second breaks, and some sort of heal overtime, or make it plant type with skill immunity and a considerable amount of hp compared to stones

Can increase the emperium hp, this has been needed for awhile. However, changing it to plant would make current breaker gear pretty useless so no for that for now.

1 minute ago, Czar said:

We havnt seen a 36v36 woe in years, these small guilds should just give in and join the big ones. we all want huge numbers battling eachother.

I want to hear more than just Infection talking in here before adjustments are made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90% of the posts here are with baby and nondonor, i dont know why you even put that in the post seeing in that regular woe is already dead. 40 people for a saturday is very low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

1 castle per woe might chase off smaller guilds. What about 2 castles?

Which small guild?? Just give them participation rewards like I mentioned before. The only small guilds in the last woe2 were dominating so I don't see whats the problem tbh.
 

 

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Can increase the emperium hp, this has been needed for awhile. However, changing it to plant would make current breaker gear pretty useless so no for that for now.

Yeah an exponential increase on the emp's hp is neccessary, a stalker can break in 18 arrows rn, it should be at least 10x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had an idea Emperium-wise for some time. Or rather, a concept. The concept has 2 ways to be implemented and each way has a vastly different effect on the how breaking works.

Let's sum this up in how things currently are for those lurking that don't really WoE: Emperiums have fairly low HP. People create "breaker" builds which aim at killing the Emperium as fast as possible. Currently, breakers can break in the low seconds (I've seen screenshots of sub-2-second breaks in the break time test instance). Generally, smart guilds rush all at once, with breakers trying their best to get to the Emperium with the rest of the guild more or less acting as a distraction.

Here's where my concept gets split. Some people enjoy the breaker-rush aspect of the game, and some people do not. Which group you fall into will dictate which of the proposed implementations you like.

The concept itself is simple. Add a fixed and/or percent based reduction with no counter. When comparing this to more HP, the main difference is if we ever add cards that do something based on enemy max HP this will evade high HP effects. It also creates the opportunity to make unique formulas for calculating damage on the Emperium.

First, discussing the concept, we need to set up some basic stats. To keep things simple I'll use small numbers. Let's say the Emperium has 100,000 HP and you do 1,000 HP damage with your high-end breaker set or a mere 200 damage with regular gear. We go through 2 options each with 2 choices:

We use a formula that globally reduces damage, i.e. by 50%. This means you now do 500 damage and 100 damage.

We apply a fixed reduction of 50 damage. This lowers your damage more, to 450 damage and 50 damage.

Why do both? Doing both creates a unique opportunity to not only keep breakers on top but to push them further into the necessary part of WoE.

But why make breakers more important?! The main complaint I hear from smaller guilds is that people tend to rush by them, and these rushers ignore the guild to go straight for the Emperium and break it. This makes breakers very detrimental to smaller guilds. As the game state currently has many smaller guilds this presents a major issue.

So now you know the problem and the proposed concept for fixing it. But what about the actual implementation? That part is where we can split how things work:

The first option:

This gives a slight edge to breakers. It's simply as proposed above. We set up a formula that significantly weakens all damage against the emperium to the point only people set up specifically for breaking can break the Emperium as well as buffing emperium HP. This solves the current break time problem while adding a bit of a twist on breaking.

The second option:

This is a bit more outside the box. In this situation, we would set a fixed reduction so large that most people not set up for breaking would do no damage. We'd place such a large fixed damage reduction that even current breakers, while able to hit the emperium, would do very little damage. Further, we'd add new specialized gear to make breakers more effective. Seem counterproductive? I'm not done. This new gear, obtained from WoE or battlegrounds (perhaps spread across both) would be extremely special. Individual pieces of the set would have no effect alone. Only by wearing most or all of the set would you get any bonuses. But why? This new armor would make you an absolute glass cannon. You'd do insane damage to the Emperium, say 10~15 second breaks but if someone started attacking you while you were wearing it death is all but assured. This means you can only use it in instances where there is no one else in the emperium room. To break the emperium without the set you'd have to resort to dealing low damage on it and take significantly longer.

So overall this implementation option does a few things:

  • Non-breaking gear is useless against the emperium
  • Current breaking gear is about as effective as non-breaking gear is now (but emp HP will be increased, so slower than now)
  • Specialized glass cannon emp-breaking gear will be added. This gear makes you super vulnerable (if someone sneezes on you, you'll die) but lets you kill the emperium quickly.

The hopeful effect of these changes:

  • Make rushing far less viable.
  • Forces people to secure the emperium room before actually attacking the Emperium.
  • Keeps previous effort towards creating or obtaining breaker gear meaningful.
  • Creates an environment where a small guild with the right class balance defending a castle is actually viable if they are persistent and not significantly outgunned/outclassed.
  • Fights will actually be meaningful and need some planning (on both sides).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Czar said:

90% of the posts here are with baby and nondonor, i dont know why you even put that in the post seeing in that regular woe is already dead. 40 people for a saturday is very low. 

It was brought up because people asked staff about it alot so its in here for sundays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggestions to Alter Current WoE Proposal:

♦ WoE Castles Reduced to 1 per WoE. [2.0 Castles with multiple Entrances]

♦ Increase Emp Health by 10x (or more depends on testing)

♦ Participation Rewards instead of only rewards for the winning guild. (This would be tied to the Battle Reports)

 

People -need- to reply in this thread more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO breakers set are very vulnerable to damage. Why the idea of trying to nerf sinx, last few years you guys nerf flee..  and flee creo is dead. nerf this and that class is dead. Rather than implementing something makes woe difficult. make it more rewarding rather than changing/nerf/buff breaker/sinx/emp. Making the emp harder to break will be advantage to guild with huge number of ppl defending it. So basically ppl will pass that castle and get another castle. Secondly adding more HP to emperium will make stalker/sniper take more longer time to break the emp. There is a way to defend it rather than adding the Emperium HP. So far in rro history 1 job that never got nerfed is Sniper DS , why not nerf it? Woe Castle reduce to 1 is fine due to less woe guilds participating in RRO. But im not agree to add Emperium HP 10x.

Edp makes the break shorter time due to huge damage boost. If we buff the Eemperium HP, the cons will be to stalker breaker / sniper breaker. 1  Pneuma wil prevent them from break. But now it takes another 10 seconds more to break. So in the end we see less Sniper /stalker breaker. Stop killing those classes. this implementation will kill other class. Pls consider about other classes before u add more HP to the emp. Any priest spamming heal the emp pneuma, aspersio with the HUGE HP TANKING EMPERIUM .  Forever unbreakable. And lastly ppl quit woe due to near impossible to break a strong guild`s emp with good defenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 castle per woe please thank you buff emp please thank you ❤️

 

remove maya too =D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×