Phoenix

WoE Suggestions [Loki]

On 3/12/2017 at 1:46 PM, Sir Perdono said:

I think you’re missing too. 

1-with 10 castle open can be the freedom to play as we want, smaller guilds do their fight and then the bigs do 1 other fight , that already happening then isn’t reason to divide. If you think more castle mean we def better , more castle give time to settle defenses and to breath when a guild is in difficult. We don’t NEED less castle, its people want less castle for chase and dominate MORE, it’s different and greedy. And as we said again remove castle it’s only a sign of death. If less castles happens will be 1 guild dominate (and you’re happy) and others gonna go feed. Btw many guilds start little, that 10 castle its already a big space where make experience and give them spaces to grow, then it’s up to them and gl quality to grow.

The whole problem on this one currently is, we DON'T have smaller guilds. All it is is literally LC, TH, Fpoops (mostly woe1) and Infect/MD/aka the SempySquad.

And it is always the same chorus. TH defs, LC/Inf/Whoever finds them, attacks them - rekts them after some time-, castle gets abandon, people go search for the next one. This repeats in the same 4-5 castles as I said in my post before.

And if one guild dominates, then it is so.It's the same discussion like before when FP made the Bryn in Himin. It's the nature of a old server, that there some people/guilds that worked up for their current status of gears. In the end there only two options then, get gud or stop it and complain all the time about it.

As you said, many guilds started little and no one back them gave a fuck if you where a nub guild fighting a big one or not.

If you are not high gear, then why you not change it and improve it? Taking the excuse of 'but oh we are not as well geared as our enemy' is bullshit. It is not the enemies fault if you don't work on your gears and improve it.

Also maybe you guys should go off your high mind and downgrade everyone in this thread who isn't your opinion. We are here to discuss and if you don't like it then discuss it and don't hide behind a down vote.

Anyways, I am ready for more down votes, show me the love guys <3

Edited by Mystery
Some are off topic (see edit history)
  • Upvote 8

On 3/12/2017 at 3:58 PM, Navys said:

I'm not trying to take advantage with this. If you paid close enough attention to infection you'd have noticed we never reach 20 players (last woe's exception). Thats not exactly a good number for defense and can be taken down, either by being killed or castle breaking. You're saying that it's up to the GL to make the guild stronger? How's that working for you so far? You've been around for years leading the hunters now and, as you said, you're still a mid rate guild, which I honestly don't agree with. Last woe1 showed very well that you have enough strength to take on the top guilds, it's all up to you and your guild members to find a better setup. Woe is all about adaptation. You guys were having a hard time against us at the beginning, you brought a new tool into your party and it worked, you started to wipe us in some occasions.

2- Players aim to be at the top, I don't think anyone would downgrade their equips on purpose to join a meaningless fight for them when they'd have a much better time with their best stuff against the best people. And how is equally dividing the rewards among all the guild members increasing the difference? They're growing together, and the economy is down to a point that any item giveaway, such as cedi, rdc and guild points for new players wouldn't have a negative impact on the server.

3- Hate? You literally just asked half a dozen of your members to come in this thread and dislike every comment that goes against yours, so you're a part of this problem. And you're threatening to quit because the thought of having to fight a guild for a castle goes against your guild's principle. Equips are not everything, we have a lot of classes to use for a reason, make the best of it, you're probably the guild with the highest members. There is a reason why my guild can stand big fights, find your guild's weak spot and start working from that point on. (Boy I sound like a poet)

I am threatening no one. I am just stating the consequences that might happen. After that quote im done.

I think you have to read some battle reports, because what youre saying does not reflect what is really happening in the woe. :) 

On 3/12/2017 at 4:26 PM, g c q said:

If you are not high gear, then why you not change it and improve it? Taking the excuse of 'but oh we are not as well geared as our enemy' is bullshit. It is not the enemies fault if you don't work on your gears and improve it.

Well if all of you think like that, you guys really dont care of little guilds.

On 3/12/2017 at 9:46 AM, budang said:

imo reducing the number of castle wont help. in a couple of months you'll see only 1 guild will be left in the server.

stated my idea and my points about why we need to "keep it as is". You guys can keep on insisting what you like.

that arleady start and i dnt want to enjoy , first you guys continue to keep dumb answers and flame as in and after woe i will stop here and back to the game.

We will just wait and see what will happen, but probably, the stuffs stated by that guy will actually happen.

Enjoy and dominate here too guys! :) 

Regards

Edited by Mystery
  • Upvote 3

@oOo Mrs SMITH oOo Not sure if you're new to Ragnarok but WoE is about competition and that's exactly what we bring to the table. I do it with friends and we have a good time, though I do care about others if I actually know them personally but the only vibe I get from TH is that half of you lot are just outright rude, what would make people want to care about you if you talk smack right.

Edited by Mystery
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Condensation said:

I don't care about WoE, so you can talk all the shit in the world about it. :) 

If you don't care about WoE, then why are you on this thread? Just wonderin' :D 

Many good players already left because of the selfish changes you guys made. 

BTW im not in TH. I am merely an observer on whats happening to our HOME "RRO".

to sum up all these rants and comments, i can conclude that:

1. The very idea of changing WOE rules really will only affect the enjoyment of high tier players (where jackie reigns supreme) as they are bored with the system already.

2. Trimming the herd. (Ousting low rate players and some unlikable players in RRO in this case, its "Sir Perdono" trashtalking him, degrading him, stripping him with any means of motivation to still continue his guild).

goodluck RRO :)

• Upvote 2

Just an FYI, if I catch someone making fun of someones mental illness I will drop a stack of ban hammers on them. Keep the trash talk in game related to in game stuff. Don't take it to real life. Tread carefully, noobs.

1 minute ago, Big Dumb Object said:

Just an FYI, if I catch someone making fun of someones mental illness I will drop a stack of ban hammers on them. Keep the trash talk in game related to in game stuff. Don't take it to real life. Tread carefully, noobs.

Thanks ancy, but its all just Hatred here now. Teaming up to degrade the moral of one person and his friends that supports him is out of context already. We leave the decision to you as you hold the judgment on this matter. Hopefully its all for the best. I played RRO and its my home. I dont want to see it destroyed hence (losing lots of players). 

• Upvote 1

lemur_02.gif c7893af0-81b8-0133-4d9f-0e3f8b958f63.gif gif-slow-loris-eating-popcorn-006.gif

~oooh, i just woke up and read these hates.. nom nom nom

well, i hope at the end of this thread, everyone will be happy 

and find ways on how to improve WOE for everyone..

(still thinking ways on what to recommend to make WOE better) :)

• Upvote 4

LOL, I thought this thread was about WoE suggestions. How come it became too personal, :D but I agree to Sir Perdono's suggestion, not from TH or anyone else side>>>>>

Regardless, reduces the amount of castles in WoE will be bad in 4 ways:

1) It will force little guilds to quit, even if they only have 10 members this is significant because they are the new players who will make the next generation of player. They will be cut off at the legs.

2) If reduce the amount of castles, there will be a maximum of 3 guilds left, 36 spaces in each guild will not be enough, already 4 major guilds are mostly full every woe. New players will not be able to play cos guild leaders will need to prioritise strong players over them.

3) It will not stop the problems we are having. Less castles will simply make it easier for the big guilds to dominate WoE.

4) Instead of showing that the server is still alive and popular, it will be another sign that it is going to die.

It may be a good idea to remove the KDR or create more entrances to castles, but this will just result in guilds choosing a room deeper in the castle to camp. Then after WoE the flaming will get worse, and already there is no GM online to moderate #main, which is not normal, surely there should always be a GM online during WoE, as it is the most important aspect of this game.

Rewards is a nice idea, maybe some speed potions and edp for prizes that go to all members, or create a treasure room where all members can loot. It will help the economy and supply for guild members.

Sunday / non-donor WoE is a good idea, BUT we must have 1 woe with 4 castles open. So that if the big guilds decide to WoE, there will be enough space for all to play.

I repeat, reducing castle-count will only favour big guilds and cheaters, and give 1 last hit at the peoples are honestly trying to keep alive that woe and server.

My honest tip is to control WoE more, you need to make sure people who are doing wrong are removed. It is the PEOPLE fighting in WoE who are the problem.

Mr Hoy's suggestion hmmm was too much, like the higher tier suggestion, in fact we should be prioritizing new players welfare for this game. 

Edited by Cheerful Sanguine (see edit history)
  • Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, A Newb Sniper said:

lemur_02.gif c7893af0-81b8-0133-4d9f-0e3f8b958f63.gif gif-slow-loris-eating-popcorn-006.gif

I love Slow Loris, it's apparently quite cruel to keep them as pets though, they spend most of their time terrified, which is why they raise their arms as they do in the videos of them.

• Upvote 3

That battle report thingy appealed to some oldies and newbies like me (circa 2013) previously coz - skilled veterans are evenly or somewhat distributed in small guilds before. But now seeing the population low and some oldies quit, I would also suggest removing battle reports. Give them instead a WoE statistics link where they can access their character sheet. WoE statistics link doesn't shows your kills every woe, it's just a link where your char sheet is being updated (eg. KD ratio, max damage, emperiums broken, barricades killed, etc.) 

I'm also against reducing the number of castles coz this will reduce the server to power hogging by the old guilds. Give these fresh newbies an opportunity to learn how to set-up defense properly even when they're trampled several times. With regards to the gear problem of newbies- I suggest you do PvM heavily/get donate headgears/get coached by pro veterans. You can't really argue with the oldies having good gears coz its inherent in the nature of RO  (PvP/WoE is 70% gears and 30% skills). In fact this problem of RRO with respect to WoE can also be seen on other top servers which I won't mention.

I've also observed that the PvM aspect of this game dying. Oh well you can only see people from pre-established guilds doing cedi runs/RDC/kraken/melanis (just a friendly reminder BIO4 hasn't been opened again). Why won't you also give a ranking system to PvM guilds like base their ranking on the amount of experience accumulated as a guild? Of course, the rankings with the WoE guilds will be separate. Breathing life to the PvM aspect of the game will help newbies accumulate funds and the proper gear so that they can WoE well. 

To spice things up, I also suggest showing the number of breaks done by each respective guild's breaker on the home page so that breakers will feel rewarded. I know that breaking an emp will add to the score of the guild. But by how much? Is it possible to make it higher when the emp breaks has been done a couple of times? Note: Please don't be salty with regards to that suggestion. As you could notice that is in a form of question. Let's make a collective stance on making WoE better. Thank you. 

Edited by Rivaelle
redundant (see edit history)
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Rivaelle said:

I've also observed that the PvM aspect of this game dying. Oh well you can only see people from pre-established guilds doing cedi runs/RDC/kraken/melanis (just a friendly reminder BIO4 hasn't been opened again). Why won't you also give a ranking system to PvM guilds like base their ranking on the amount of experience accumulated as a guild? Of course, the rankings with the WoE guilds will be separate. Breathing life to the PvM aspect of the game will help newbies accumulate funds and the proper gear so that they can WoE well. 

PvM part has been dead because there isn't new content being added (content in terms of "things to do", not new items or systems to make us spend money on. Just pure money-free, money earning, monster killing content). The last original content that was added was geffen(p) and melanis but due to a certain fiasco, its been evidently necro-ed. Interested in your PvM ranking system but unfortunately, highly unlikely it will happen because of the existence of a MvP room (usual rankings I've seen are number of MvPs killed). On top of that unless the ranking gave any reward, I dont think there would be any incentive for people to partake either. Even taking part just for the fame aspect of it, if you noticed the Hall of Fame display section isn't really updated, or maybe its just people haven't beaten their scores even though those people on it are ancient, and if that were the case, see how little people care about these rankings. So even if they were at the top, unless they found some way to make the glory of it enticing enough to make people take part in it then I think it would just flop in a matter of time. 

In the section about gearing up for newbies, one of the biggest flaws I find in RRO in gear preparation is donates. Since we only have a "donates allowed" WoE, nates are essentially the biggest solution and problem a newbie would face when trying to get gears. We must admit RRO, is a free-to-play game with micro transactions in the form of "donations". The only thing that comes second to donates are some event headgears (just for the card slots) and even then its not everyday that theres an event going on which gives a decent headgear to use. Even if you did use something like Drooping amistr and LRW, or something of those sorts, you'll still be at a disadvantage compared to someone using nates ( just because of the high addition of stats and additional card slots from one nate), even in PvM. This problem was addressed and apparently being tackled with the soon  -to-be implemented advanced smiting, which may or may not see the light of day. 

nqjs0at.png 

^             Take a guess where RRO currently stands.

Note: Even if something were to be thought of in this thread, the problem lies upon implementation by our dear admin(s), which some project(s) never saw the light of day (conquest,vip,ham,BECs, WoE tournament just to name) just because he, quote, "got bored of it" even though some were decently good ideas they were never implemented or finished because he never committed to it. :S So far all the talk about new ideas and concepts being discussed has just been that. All talk. We don't get any update on the progress of the system, whether its even being developed or what not, just the idea of it. The transparency isn't there and so far its all just false hope. My suggestion to the devs is to perhaps update us on your projects by maybe having a regular-ish dev stream on things being worked on so that we at least know something is being done and not continue to feed false hope because it seems to me, Melanis is the "latest" original content RRO has seem in a while. :)

Feel free to prove otherwise tho. Cheers~

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Aki Rioin said:

Note: Even if something were to be thought of in this thread, the problem lies upon implementation by our dear admin(s), which some project(s) never saw the light of day (conquest,vip,ham,BECs, WoE tournament just to name) just because he, quote, "got bored of it" even though some were decently good ideas they were never implemented or finished because he never committed to it. :S So far all the talk about new ideas and concepts being discussed has just been that. All talk. We don't get any update on the progress of the system, whether its even being developed or what not, just the idea of it. The transparency isn't there and so far its all just false hope. My suggestion to the devs is to perhaps update us on your projects by maybe having a regular-ish dev stream on things being worked on so that we at least know something is being done and not continue to feed false hope because it seems to me, Melanis is the "latest" original content RRO has seem in a while. :)

Feel free to prove otherwise tho. Cheers~

A few months ago, Market, Web Cash Shop, Web Storage, etc, would have been on that list of yours. Just because it takes a while doesn't mean anyone ditched it. I'm doing everything by myself as a part time job, I plan things but then other more important things come up which delay those other things. The new system also has an expected date specifically mentioned in the dev blog, did you even read it?

Looks like I missed alot of fun while I was asleep/at work.

Jokes aside, how about for now we remove the BR and see how woe will go then without everyone hugging the entrance portal like their mother.

Just now, g c q said:

Looks like I missed alot of fun while I was asleep/at work.

Jokes aside, how about for now we remove the BR and see how woe will go then without everyone hugging the entrance portal like their mother.

Did you even read web site maint notes?

Stick to the TOPIC.

This is not the place to hear your jibber jabbers about who is who and what is what.

This is a warning.

Again,

Stick to the TOPIC .

12 hours ago, Big Dumb Object said:

Battle reports have been changed.

@g c q

2 minutes ago, Mystery said:

Stick to the TOPIC.

This is not the place to hear your jibber jabbers about who is who and what is what.

This is a warning.

Again,

Stick to the TOPIC .

I deleted the off topic posts. 

15 hours ago, Big Dumb Object said:

Did you even read web site maint notes?

Didn't came so far since I just came home but ok, saw that now.

Edited by Mystery
Off Topic (see edit history)