Sign in to follow this  
Dragowiz

So what next?

Well, here we are with the server up and running, but what steps should be taken next and how? Is there a shareable plan set from the admins on what they would like to see from the server and what kind of actions are planned and how to report issues that we run to when starting to play again? I believe at least one thing that seemed to come up in the conversation at Prontera today was that quest progress seems to have reset on at least some if not all occasions, making things like some dungeons unaccessible and some gear not work as expected (notoriety). Should these issues be gathered somewhere for easy access and if so, where and how? I'd be hoping to stir up some conversation on what the plans are from the administrative side of things so that Eir doesn't fall into the trap of "it's up now, let's see what happens" only to disappear again. It seems there's already been some people hopping in now and then from Thor and Loki to see what the new server on the login list is about, but currently things like the guide marks pointing to non-existing npcs (like the job master sign in prontera) seem to be causing some confusion so I hope at least this could be addressed quite soon so that players coming to see how things are nowadays don't immediatly run into things that aren't working.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Dragowiz for this suggestion and server development thread. Of some cases regarding the server mechanics and features, I'll list down what is needed to be fix.

• cstorage
  • mail
  • inaccessible quest dungeons
  • notoriety gears effect
  • WoE castle warp portal is gone (perhaps it has always been like that due to new features)
  • rental npc (falcon/cart and so on)
  • pvp npc accessibility
  • basic town npc
  • remove the town npc in lighthalzen inn (unless of course illuminati is still "running" the server and they are still being treated as VVIP, I want my guild town back since my guild deserve it)

So far, this is things that I think need to be fix first. Haven't tried other quests like Pouring Rain, RDC, etc~

55 minutes ago, Fizsterina said:
  • remove the town npc in lighthalzen inn (unless of course illuminati is still "running" the server and they are still being treated as VVIP, I want my guild town back since my guild deserve it)

Why does it even matter if such a thing exists? It doesn't affect you at all if it's there. To begin with Illuminati was hated for the longest time not just by players but also by GMs because of the same bullshit you believe. Also, as far as I know, that NPC doesn't even exist anymore so can you just not run off your mouth against a specific group of people every time you post?

It seems pointless to be "fixing" a lot of the things you listed at the time when first off there isn't an active Eir specific GM (not like it deserves one either) but more importantly when the server's future isn't even decided. If the server ends up with a wipe or with big enough changes then any effort and time spent into fixing those things is just wasted so it's even more likely that there's not even an interest in resolving any of that until it's already decided what's going to happen with Eir.

I would much rather have people focus the attention on current matters than bringing up things like the lhz inn, that were old grievances between guilds and people. The town npc's would need a look through in total, there are many spots available currently with access to the same npcs as the inn, and some old ones are missing things like healer etc, but are otherwise still functioning as before.

Guild towns in my opinion aren't a good thing as they simply hide players outside of view, thus making normal towns look like ghosthouses. I'd be ok with the current Inns being all updated to have the standard npc set as the map icons help with locating things.

It definetly isn't pointless to fix things as I believe at some point it was mentioned that the activity and progress of Eir would be one of the determining factors on its future. Currently the existing problems, like not being able to rent a cart for merchant classes is severely hindering normal gameplay, thus putting people off from playing on the server.

Guild Towns were a terrible idea to begin with, at least for Eir. In an already dwindling population, why would you willingly separate it even further? The server already had most towns and Inns empty so there were plenty of places for people to pick from. The issue is that unless you have everyone afk at Prontera main square then anyone who is on the server will only think it's always empty and dead. Give people reasons to move around and to show up at Prontera, the Benson Quiz thing was good at having at least a couple people go there when it happened.

Are there Kafra's around? You should be able to rent pushcarts from them. Not having a rental NPC does not mean there are no ways to get Falcons/Pecos/carts, just look it up and you'll find how to do a lot of things without requiring custom NPCs.

11 minutes ago, Myounar said:

Are there Kafra's around? You should be able to rent pushcarts from them. Not having a rental NPC does not mean there are no ways to get Falcons/Pecos/carts, just look it up and you'll find how to do a lot of things without requiring custom NPCs.

There are kafras around, but they have been customized to not have the rental option available, I spent a good part of the day trying to find a non-modified kafra, looking for things like the super novice cart renter and finding no npc able to rent a cart for me. I would assume the same would be true for new hunters, they wouldn't be able to summon a falcon. Also the taekwon job quest npc seems to have disappeared from Payon, so that job path is currently unavailable.

No idea when did they customize the Kafras like that but that seems really pointless. What other NPCs are missing? Peco Peco Rental, Star Gladiator/Ninja/Gunslinger job quests? Are the mainstream NPCs even around for class change or is it just random if they exist or not? Regular Blacksmith, Enriched Elunium/Oridecon Blacksmith, Stat Enchanter at south Prontera? NPCs for God Items, extra skills? Did quests reset or does it still mark you as having cleared quests you've done before like Kiel Laboratory and the sort?

If someone's gonna bother spending time fixing this then it's better if the list of missing things is done so it can be tackled all at once to the point where most everyday things are usable at the very least. Don't bother with custom quests/items for now though since the priority should be making the game work properly under normal circumstances.

• Upvote 2